***IMPORTANT: BEFORE INSTALLING, SEE UPDATED TESTING NOTES BELOW***
According to the release notes the following changes have been made:
- New Look and Feel.
- New feature added Brightness Control in AlienFX.
- New Auto-Update notification location
- Added animation to the Auto-Update notification
- Auto-Update checking now happens in a background process
FIX: GUI changes to align some elements in the screen
FIX: Alienhead is not blinking in fully charge state
FIX: The restore default values made persistent.
Firmware version 2.0.0
- Prevent lock-up when communicating with failed SMBus devices.
- The ELC system clock is set to 1.5Mhz to reduce RF emissions that affect the WWAN card.
- Catch and ignore invalid power state combinations. i.e DC Charging.
Aliensense Version 2.004.073 12/19/09
Auto Disable – Certain programs (Notepad, Paint and Calculator)
when opened, did not disable AlienSense operation in Auto User Switching and Continuous Security modes.
It was determined that only 32 bit applications were disabling AlienSense. Now with this fix, both 32
and 64 bit applications can disable AlienSense.
I will be testing this under Vista today and will report back once testing is complete. I have updated the Driver Lists for both Vista and W7 as it is compatible with both. The direct download can be found HERE.
More to follow...
**UPDATE - TESTING COMPLETE - FINAL THOUGHTS**
There is something wrong with this version. After conducting further testing it appears to be a bad BIOS update/flash for the AlienFX Board (IMO). After install, this version causes intermittent color flashes of various zones. Something is not correct. To resolve this issue you will need to reinstall the previous version which can be found here. Process:
Uninstall by running installer - select REMOVE
Reboot into Safe Mode
Run CCleaner's registry module and remove all problems found
Install previous version of Command Center
I have forwarded this info to Dell and revised the driver lists with the previous version. Stay away for now.